Join us to celebrate books, reading, ideas, and springtime!
On Saturday, April 12 from 10am-6pm and Sunday, April 13 from 10am-5pm, Angel City Press
will be in Booth 119 (near Tommy Trojan, next to Vroman's) at the 18th Annual Los Angeles Times Festival of Books at USC.
Of course, Angel City Press books will be on display -- and for sale at terrific prices.
Plus, you will be able to meet dozens of fabulous Angel City Press authors! Here is the 2014 roster:
- Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire signs THE BOARD GAME on Saturday from 2 to 4
- Jon Boorstin signs MABEL AND ME on Saturday from 2 to 3 and Sunday from 2 to 4
- David Boulé signs THE ORANGE AND THE DREAM OF CALIFORNIA on Sunday and Sunday from noon to 2
- Bill Boyarsky signs INVENTING L.A. on Sunday from 10 to noon
- William Bradley signs LOS ANGELES UNION STATION on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 2
- Stephen Cooper signs FULL OF LIFE on Saturday from 3 to 5
- April Dammann signs EXHIBITIONIST on Sunday from 2 to 4
- Frans Evenhuis signs HOLLYWOOD POOLSIDE and ROCK 'N' ROLL BILLBOARDS on Sunday from 10 to noon
- Pau Gasol signs LIFE | VIDA (at the Hoy Stage) on Saturday from 4:30 to 6
- Stephen Gee signs ICONIC VISION on Saturday from 3 to 5 and Sunday from noon to 2
- James Harris signs SANTA MONICA PIER on Sunday from 10 to noon
- Jeffrey Herr signs ALINE BARNSDALL'S OLIVE HILL PROJECT on Sunday from 2 to 4
- Josh Kun signs SONGS IN THE KEY OF LOS ANGELES on Saturday from 3 to 5
- Robert Landau signs HOLLYWOOD POOLSIDE and ROCK 'N' ROLL BILLBOARDS on Sunday from 10 to noon
- Ernest Marquez signs NOIR AFLOAT and SANTA MONICA BEACH on Saturday from 10 to noon
- Bret Parsons signs COLCORD -- HOME on Saturday from 1 to 3
- Charles Phoenix signs SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA IN THE '50s on Sunday from noon to 2
- Kevin Roderick signs WILSHIRE BOULEVARD on Saturday from 10 to 1
- Darrell Rooney signs HARLOW IN HOLLYWOOD on Saturday from 10 to noon
- Barbara Schroeder signs BEVERLY HILLS CONFIDENTIAL on Saturday from noon to 3
- Anna Sklar signs BROWN ACRES on Saturday from 10 to noon
- Mark A. Vieira signs HARLOW IN HOLLYWOOD on Saturday from 10 to noon
- Tom Zimmerman signs DOWNTOWN IN DETAIL and PARADISE PROMOTED on Sunday from 10 to 1
(Individual ACP author signings are listed at http://www.angelcitypress.com/pages/event-calendar)
In addition, Angel City Press authors will participate in Festival panels:
- On Saturday at 1:30, plan to attend the panel "Let’s Get Together and Feel All Right: Music, Spirit, Community and Politics" (Conversation 1023) / Moderator Varun Soni leads a discussion with Josh Kun, Ron McCurdy, and Shana L. Redmond.
- On Saturday at 2, plan to attend the panel "History: The Golden State (Conversation 1013)" / Moderator William Deverell leads a discussion with Jared Farmer, Stephen Gee, and Gregory Orfalea.
- On Sunday at 12:30, plan to attend the panel "Historical Fiction: Stories from the Past" (Conversation 2082) / Moderator Melissa Chadburn leads a discussion with Jon Boorstin, Deborah Harkness, Maria Hummel, and April Smith
- On Sunday at 2, plan to attend the panel "Nonfiction: Writing Cultural History" (Conversation 2033), which Bill Boyarsky will moderate. Panelists are Gustavo Arellano, Tom Zoellner, and Peter Richardson.
Reserve your seat at http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks/fob-tickets/ -- (the one-dollar cost is by far the weekend's best entertainment value!)
Want more information on the Festival? See http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks/
The Festival is free to the public, but it'll cost you $10 to park your car. Download a parking map (PDF) at
But why drive? Take the Metro Expo line and get off at USC. For more info, see
We'll see you at USC!