Check Out Our Upcoming Titles
The Autograph Book of L.A. by Josh Kun publishes September 25th. Inspired by the Autograph Collection at the Los Angeles Public Library, this book looks at all the ways we leave our imprints on the city.
Hollywood Chinese by Academy Award®-nominated filmmaker Arthur Dong comes out October 17th. Hollywood Chinese explores the significant Chinese American impact on the movies, from early twentieth-century films set in America’s Chinatowns to contemporary hits like Crazy Rich Asians.
Judson, by Judson Studio President David Judson and design-writer Steffie Nelson, chronicles the remarkable story of Judson Studios. Judson Studios has bestowed LA and the world at large with its artistry for more than one hundred years, and Judsoncelebrates their distinguished work with stained glass.
Events, Launches and Readings:
- Angel City Press will be an exhibitor at The Small Press Book Festival September 21st at the Wende Museum from 11:00-4:30.
- The Autograph Book of L.A. publishes September 25th with an accompanying exhibition of the same name in the First Floor Galleries at the LAPL Central Library from September 26th to January 19th, 2020.
- Author Josh Kun and Los Angeles City Librarian John F. Szabo discuss and sign The Autograph Book of L.A. at 4:00 on Saturday, October 5 at Vroman's Bookstore. More info here.
- Angel City Press will be displaying books at the L.A. as Subject Archives Bazaar at USC October 12th from 9:00 to 5:00.
- Author and filmmaker Arthur Dong discusses and signs Hollywood Chinese at 7:00 on Thursday, October 24 at Vroman's Bookstore. More info here.
Angel City Press in the News:
- Author and Photographer Robert Landau's billboard photography was featured in Interview Magazine! Check out Rock ’n’ Roll Billboards of the Sunset Strip.
- Author Josh Kun's new book The Autograph Book of L.A. was featured in the Los Angeles Times.
- Author Arthur Dong was on KTLA discussing his work curating images for the new Formosa Cafe. Check out Hollywood Chinese.